Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Library Thing

Now this was the easiest task of all, as I already belong to Shelfari and I'm used to uploading favourite books and putting them on my virtual bookshelf. I did find adding tags a little erratic, as they wouldn't add from the Tags to add box, and I had to add them through quick edit. It also took a little while to find out how to change from a list to a virtual bookshelf, but I got there. At the time of writing I haven't figured out how to change it back into a list - but I'm sure I will.
It's interesting to see how many [or how few] other people rate your personal favourites.
Adding a widget to display titles from my library and adding a search box were a little more difficult and I had to call in help from my personal web-master. With a little guidance, I soon got them up and running. Feeling confident, I then added a widget from Shelfari, which was easier to do than on Library Thing, but is not as pretty to look at. Overall, Shelfari seems to be easier to use, and quicker to add books to.

No comments: